Thursday 13 December 2012

Major Project - The Representation of Jews in English Literature, 1380-1945 (For publication circa June 2013)

Hello all,

Just a quick update to say that I am currently embarking upon a major project, based around the representation of Jews in English Literature from 1380 to 1945. The primary texts I have decided to focus on are:
- The Prioress' Tale (From The Canterbury Tales) by Geoffrey Chaucer
- The Jew of Malta by Christopher Marlowe
- The Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare
- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
- Daniel Deronda by George Eliot

In addition to these, I will obviously be using a wealth of secondary material. Anybody with any suggestions regarding this should feel free to contact me, either by e-mail (greeninliterature@gmail.com), via twitter (@00KVortex) or through the comments on this page. 

I expect to be able to present this project, probably broken into three parts, around June 2013. I'm aware that this is fairly far in advance, but I anticipate that it will be worth the wait!

In the meantime, don't forget to check back next week when I post 'The Representation of Children in Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy'.

Thanks,

- K

No comments:

Post a Comment